Confused Words: meter vs metre
1. He won a bronze medal in the 400 freestyle event.
2. The bridges themselves were built as 10 high steel trusses.
3. The amount of the jackpot is shown on a as a money value.
4. With this change in subject comes the change in .
5. Each player has their own parking and a hand of cards.
6. At the 1932 Summer Olympics at Los Angeles he finished fourth in both the 5000 event and the 10000 competition.
7. The jumping pool has two 1 and two 3 high springboards, and a 1 plateau in front of the jumping tower.
8. A neutron moisture is a moisture utilizing neutron scattering.
9. It is the most prevalent of the Rigveda, accounting for roughly 40% of its verses.
10. Women's 10 Platform: Equestrianism.
11. "Kilo" is commonly pronounced , with reduced vowels on both syllables of "."
12. Elkington is a T37 classified runner competing in 100 and 200 events.
13. The Green Bank Telescope operates at to milli wavelengths.
14. The most common source of excess burden is the conductor between the and the CT.
15. He also competed in the 25 rapid fire pistol event finishing 24th and in the 50 pistol finishing 34th.
16. The entire "Tirumurai" is in "viruttam" or lines of four.
17. On each side there was a 1.8 -wide footpaths.
18. Tristubh is the name of a Vedic of 44 syllables (four padas of eleven syllables each), or any hymn composed in this .
19. On average there are 2.3 nests per square .
20. Going into the 2012 Games, he was ranked fifth in the 100 backstroke event, fourth in the 50 breaststroke and third in the 50 backstroke event.
21. The intro starts in the irregular eleven-four.
22. Vallejo also finished 2nd in the 1600 Relay.
23. She competes in the 25 pistol and 10 air pistol, of which she has been most successful in the latter.
24. In the game mode, there's a on the top of the screen.
25. The kilo, , deci, centi, milli, and smaller are common.
26. This is an erect perennial usually reaching about half a in height.
27. The surrounding ocean tidal range is about one at . Flora.
28. In this case, the is sometimes characterized as "triple septuple time".
29. It is a 130 high building in Tehran, Iran.
30. The conditions were that a 10 by 10 test area would be used.
31. The more each fills, the stronger the attack is.
32. Given its , it may have derived from a sea shanty.
33. He also competed in the 25 rapid fire pistol event finishing fourth and in the 50 pistol finishing again ninth.
34. With a time of 70.42 seconds, she won the 400 event.
35. Kabir and Tulsidas used the Maithili doha .
36. It is positioned at with an average elevation of 171 (561 feet).
37. This bridge is the longest bridge in Bavaria (1315 ).
38. Its maximal depth is less than one metre and its dia is ca.
39. Its length was about 2 and the skull had a length of 60 centi.
40. Compositions entirely or predominantly in septuple are less common.
Return to full list of frequently confused words