Confused Words: hoard vs horde
1. The frequency of treasure-trove, or of treasure found, of which no owner was known, sufficiently demonstrates the frequency, in those times, both of ing and of concealing the .
3. The principality was taken by the principality of Briansk after the Mongol invasions, and then by the Lithuanians when the power of the Golden began to decline.
4. He rushes to some secret , where he has accumulated the fruits of his beggary, and he stuffs all the coins upon which he can lay his hands into the pockets to make sure of the coat's sinking.
5. A miser is a person who is reluctant to spend, sometimes to the point of forgoing even basic comforts and some necessities, in order to money or other possessions.
6. He forms an alliance with the Tarkatan to keep Edenia's army at bay while he searches for the spells that would allow him to fuse the Kamidogu together and grant him supreme power.
7. X-Play echoed this view alone with utilizing the s as "addictive, because you really do feel as if you're controlling your own private Gremlin ."
8. Further pieces reached the market, and what is believed to be the complete was acquired by a consortium headed by Spencer Compton, 7th Marquess of Northampton.
9. Later during the battle at Karakura Town, he encased it in his barrier right before confronting a of Gillian, however, it is uncertain what its powers are or if it is even a zanpakuto at all.
10. We drove about the city; visited the park and the sociable of squirrels there; saw the fine residences, rose clad and in other ways enticing to the eye; and got a good breakfast at the hotel.
11. The existence of the first came to attention in 1980, when a single piece in the possession of two antiquities dealers from Vienna was offered for sale in London.
12. By and bye, when the military camp broke up, and Company C was ordered a hundred miles north, to Napoleon, I secreted my small of money in my belt, and took my departure in the night.
13. In this way he acquired a vast of all sorts of learning, and had it pigeon holed in his head where he could put his intellectual hand on it whenever it was wanted.
14. The name you are using is common, and therefore dangerous; there are probably a thousand Sellerses bearing it, and the whole will come after us; but Eschol Sellers is a safe name it is a rock.'
15. Here a man keeps his in a sea-encircled tower until a pet monkey amuses itself one day in throwing the coins out of the window.
16. The individuals, who whatever money they can save, and who conceal their , do so from a distrust of the justice of government; from a fear, that if it was known that they had a , and where that was to be found, they would quickly be plundered.
17. This coin spanned hundreds of years, starting from the Seleucid era and ended with the same kind of coins from reign of Septimius Severus in 210 CE.
18. The only significant find was a of 3rd and 4th century gold coins found between Hornsey and Muswell Hill in 1928.
19. After melting the glaciers to free up a sailing ship, the Overlord and his travel to the flooded Everlight Reef, so they may access the elven lands of Everlight.
20. However, the archaeological and numismatic nature of the silver coin burials suggests that the coin s may have been buried in the early 3rd century CE.
21. Known also as the Golden , the Kipchak khanate belonged to one of the branches of Jochi’s house -Genghis Khan’s eldest son.
22. His grandmother was a Tatar from Kazan in eastern Russia who claimed lineage from the Golden .
23. The inhabitants of the extensive, but defenceless plains of Scythia or Tartary, have been frequently united under the dominion of the chief of some conquering or clan; and the havock and devastation of Asia have always signalized their union.
24. The same year Vytautas suffered a major defeat in the Battle of the Vorskla River against the Golden and faced rebellions in the Principality of Smolensk, Republic of Pskov, and Velikiy Novgorod.
25. The player assumes the role of one of two commandos, Mitch Hunter and Max Steiner, fighting an evil of invading zombies and mutants.
26. The two are trying to obtain six hearts from the guardians so that they may call forth a of demons from the Gate of Rage and have their every desire granted.
27. Later, she has a change of heart and joins Row in defending Nomal City from the monster .
28. The Sevso Treasure is a of silver objects from the late Roman Empire.
29. The - which has since gained mythological status - is today presumed to have once been the property of the Karenas.
30. In the other the miser is forced to reward a merchant who rescued his from a fire with the whole of it.
31. The same violence which made it convenient to , made it equally convenient to conceal the .
32. They could not well, indeed, do any thing else but whatever money they saved.
33. In those times of violence and disorder, besides, it was convenient to have a of money at hand, that in case they should be driven from their own home, they might have something of known value to carry with them to some place of safety.
34. Begone from my presence, thou born monster, storehouse of lies, of untruths, garner of knaveries, inventor of scandals, publisher of absurdities, enemy of the respect due to royal personages!
35. In the late 1290s, Chaka supported his father Nogai in a war against the legitimate khan of the Golden Toqta, but Toqta was victorious and defeated and killed Nogai in 1299.
36. The programme presented Hungary's evidence for the likely origin of the being near the town of Polgárdi.
37. The principality was taken over by the Lithuanians in the fourteenth-century when the power of the Golden began to decline.
38. The great shepherd or herdsman, respected on account of his great wealth, and of the great number of those who depend upon him for subsistence, and revered on account of the nobleness of his birth, and of the immemorial antiquity or his illustrious family, has a natural authority over all the inferior shepherds or herdsmen of his or clan.
39. It arises principally from the milk and increase of his own herds and flocks, of which he himself superintends the management, and is the principal shepherd or herdsman of his own or tribe.
40. In the winter of 279 BC, a great of Gauls descended on Macedonia from the northern forests, crushed Ptolemy's army, and killed him in battle, starting two years of complete anarchy in the kingdom.
Return to full list of frequently confused words