Confused Words: foreword vs forward
1. Later editions of a book sometimes have a new prepended (appearing before an older if there was one), which might explain in what respects that edition differs from previous ones.
2. He plays in the centre position.
3. At this, Mireille comes crying "Kill me!"
4. Upon this signal, the youngest of her daughters put herself .
5. The new edition has a by William S. Burroughs, and a new afterword by Leary.
6. Ayola claimed he came because he had been threatened.
7. Then the hunter came and stood in their midst, and the mystery was solved.
8. David Gerrold provided a to the novel, who is better known for writing the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles".
9. I took her for the``Sunny South''hadn't any skylights of the chimneys.'
10. Alagirisamy kathaigal" was published in 1952 with a from Kalki Krishnamurthy.
11. At , he played at the power and center positions.
12. The was written by Rufus Wainwright.
13. A letter from Albert Schweitzer to Hochhuth's German publisher serves as the to the Grove edition.
14. The book collects seven novelettes and short stories by various science fiction authors, with a by Carnell.
15. "My Face for the World to See" was reissued in 2002, headlined "A Cult Classic," with a by John Waters.
16. He played as a centre-. Blackpool.
17. He was described as "an ideal centre ".
18. The book was reissued by Paladin Press in 2006 with a new by Bruce D. Clayton.
19. asked Defarge, motioning to Mr. Lorry to come .
20. In reverse, 65% of the power was available.
21. Could he expect that her friends would not step ?
22. Hesketh's report was eventually published posthumously, in 1999, with a by "Nigel West" (the pseudonym of Rupert Allason).
23. He also wrote the for the book "The Chicago Movie Palaces of Balaban Katz" (2006).
24. It was reprinted in 1996 with the addition of a new and a critical review of "The Bell Curve".
25. If there is both a and a preface, the appears first; both appear before the introduction, which may be paginated either with the front matter or the main text.
26. In the he stated the following: The Clinton-Gore administration launched the first official White House website on October 21, 1994.
27. by Tom Bradley, Robert A. Whyte.
28. I then hurried , and found him standing by the pool.
29. Minnesota Wild Mikko Koivu, Detroit Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk, and Tampa Bay Lightning Martin St.
30. From this time it found itself in a continuing decline.
31. Unlike a preface, a is always signed.
32. Author James Ellroy endorsed Steve Hodel's theory in the to the paperback version of Hodel's book.
33. Hammett provided the book's . Equipment.
34. The algorithm is straight to implement.
35. The two spectators started , but she stayed them with a motion of her hand.
36. Lasso lifts are either "" or "reverse".
37. The Creeds and Platforms of Congregationalism, Williston Walker; Douglas Horton, . Boston, Pilgrim Press, 1960.
38. It was published in 2007 under the Bachman pseudonym, with a by King under his own name.
39. And you are looking with so much pleasure to seeing him once more to morrow!''
40. Gritty Steve Begin was also signed to provide depth.
Return to full list of frequently confused words