Confused Words: balmy vs barmy
- If you haven't tried it yet, consider using our free grammar check tool
1. Seen from the Pequod's deck, then, as she would rise on a high hill of the sea, this host of vapoury spouts, individually curling up into the air, and beheld through a blending atmosphere of bluish haze, showed like the thousand cheerful chimneys of some dense metropolis, descried of a autumnal morning, by some horseman on a height.
2. The New Orleans women are always charming, but never so much so as at this time of the year, when in their dainty spring costumes they bring with them a breath of freshness and an odor of sanctity unspeakable.
3. Presently, by a change in the atmosphere, he knew that they were entering a cave; after going on for a few seconds more he heard a crackling, and it seemed to him as though the atmosphere again changed, and became and perfumed.
4. The barber of the`Grand Turk'was a spruce young negro, who aired his importance with complacency, and was greatly courted by the circle in which he moved.
5. Over several weeks in late winter to spring it bears fragrant flowers that are more prominent but less fragrant than "Osmanthus fragrans", but substitutes for "O. fragrans" in less gardens.
6. The upper, Ligurian part of the valley comprises the Comuni of Rezzoaglio and Santo Stefano d'Aveto; the lower, Emilian part of the valley is divided between Ferriere, Cerignale and Corte Brugnatella. Verdant and lush, characterized by pleasant sights, fresh and summers and abundant snow in winter, the valley is flanked by forested mountains, culminating at 1799 meters high of Monte Maggiorasca.
Return to full list of frequently confused words