Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
2. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
3. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
4. They were not to leave remote villages.
5. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
6. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
7. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
8. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
9. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
10. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
11. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
12. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
13. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
14. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
15. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
16. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
17. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
18. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
19. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
20. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
21. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
22. Detainees were to request witnesses.
23. He was not to form his own gens.
24. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
25. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
26. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
27. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
28. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
29. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
30. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
31. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
32. The result of the debate was that it was not .
33. This them to appear on both brands.
34. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
35. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
36. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
37. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
38. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
39. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
40. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
Return to full list of frequently confused words