Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
2. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
3. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
4. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
5. He was not to form his own gens.
6. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
7. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
8. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
9. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
10. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
11. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
12. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
13. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
14. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
15. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
16. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
17. The result of the debate was that it was not .
18. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
19. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
20. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
21. This them to appear on both brands.
22. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
23. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
24. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
25. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
26. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
27. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
28. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
29. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
30. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
31. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
32. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
33. They were not to leave remote villages.
34. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
35. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
36. Detainees were to request witnesses.
37. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
38. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
39. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
40. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words