Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
2. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
3. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
4. This them to appear on both brands.
5. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
6. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
7. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
8. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
9. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
10. He was not to form his own gens.
11. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
12. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
13. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
14. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
15. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
16. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
17. They were not to leave remote villages.
18. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
19. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
20. Detainees were to request witnesses.
21. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
22. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
23. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
24. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
25. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
26. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
27. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
28. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
29. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
30. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
31. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
32. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
33. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
34. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
35. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
36. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
37. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
38. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
39. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
40. The result of the debate was that it was not .
Return to full list of frequently confused words