Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. This them to appear on both brands.
2. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
3. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
4. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
5. Detainees were to request witnesses.
6. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
7. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
8. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
9. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
10. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
11. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
12. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
13. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
14. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
15. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
16. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
17. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
18. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
19. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
20. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
21. They were not to leave remote villages.
22. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
23. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
24. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
25. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
26. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
27. He was not to form his own gens.
28. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
29. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
30. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
31. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
32. The result of the debate was that it was not .
33. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
34. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
35. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
36. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
37. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
38. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
39. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
40. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
Return to full list of frequently confused words