Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
2. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
3. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
4. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
5. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
6. He was not to form his own gens.
7. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
8. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
9. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
10. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
11. The result of the debate was that it was not .
12. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
13. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
14. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
15. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
16. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
17. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
18. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
19. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
20. Detainees were to request witnesses.
21. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
22. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
23. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
24. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
25. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
26. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
27. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
28. This them to appear on both brands.
29. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
30. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
31. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
32. They were not to leave remote villages.
33. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
34. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
35. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
36. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
37. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
38. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
39. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
40. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
Return to full list of frequently confused words