Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
2. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
3. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
4. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
5. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
6. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
7. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
8. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
9. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
10. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
11. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
12. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
13. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
14. Detainees were to request witnesses.
15. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
16. The result of the debate was that it was not .
17. This them to appear on both brands.
18. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
19. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
20. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
21. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
22. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
23. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
24. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
25. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
26. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
27. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
28. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
29. They were not to leave remote villages.
30. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
31. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
32. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
33. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
34. He was not to form his own gens.
35. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
36. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
37. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
38. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
39. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
40. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
Return to full list of frequently confused words