Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. He was not to form his own gens.
2. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
3. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
4. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
5. The result of the debate was that it was not .
6. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
7. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
8. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
9. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
10. They were not to leave remote villages.
11. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
12. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
13. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
14. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
15. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
16. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
17. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
18. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
19. This them to appear on both brands.
20. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
21. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
22. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
23. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
24. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
25. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
26. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
27. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
28. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
29. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
30. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
31. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
32. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
33. Detainees were to request witnesses.
34. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
35. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
36. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
37. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
38. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
39. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
40. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
Return to full list of frequently confused words