Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
2. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
3. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
4. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
5. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
6. They were not to leave remote villages.
7. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
8. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
9. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
10. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
11. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
12. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
13. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
14. This them to appear on both brands.
15. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
16. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
17. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
18. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
19. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
20. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
21. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
22. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
23. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
24. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
25. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
26. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
27. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
28. The result of the debate was that it was not .
29. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
30. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
31. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
32. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
33. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
34. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
35. He was not to form his own gens.
36. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
37. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
38. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
39. Detainees were to request witnesses.
40. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
Return to full list of frequently confused words