Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
2. The result of the debate was that it was not .
3. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
4. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
5. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
6. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
7. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
8. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
9. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
10. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
11. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
12. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
13. Detainees were to request witnesses.
14. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
15. He was not to form his own gens.
16. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
17. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
18. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
19. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
20. They were not to leave remote villages.
21. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
22. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
23. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
24. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
25. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
26. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
27. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
28. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
29. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
30. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
31. This them to appear on both brands.
32. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
33. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
34. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
35. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
36. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
37. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
38. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
39. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
40. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
Return to full list of frequently confused words