Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
2. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
3. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
4. They strongly against using strong opioids.
5. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
6. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
7. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
8. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
9. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
10. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
11. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
12. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
13. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
14. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
15. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
16. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
17. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
18. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
19. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
20. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
21. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
22. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
23. There is one point on which I want your .
24. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
25. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
26. ``What line would you me to study?''
27. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
28. But let me you to think better of it.
29. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
30. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
31. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
32. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
33. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
34. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
35. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
36. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
37. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
38. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
39. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
40. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
Return to full list of frequently confused words