Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
2. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
3. ``What line would you me to study?''
4. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
5. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
6. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
7. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
8. But let me you to think better of it.
9. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
10. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
11. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
12. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
13. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
14. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
15. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
16. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
17. There is one point on which I want your .
18. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
19. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
20. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
21. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
22. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
23. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
24. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
25. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
26. They strongly against using strong opioids.
27. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
28. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
29. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
30. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
31. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
32. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
33. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
34. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
35. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
36. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
37. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
38. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
39. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
40. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
Return to full list of frequently confused words