Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
2. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
3. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
4. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
5. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
6. But let me you to think better of it.
7. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
8. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
9. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
10. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
11. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
12. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
13. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
14. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
15. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
16. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
17. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
18. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
19. ``What line would you me to study?''
20. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
21. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
22. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
23. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
24. There is one point on which I want your .
25. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
26. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
27. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
28. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
29. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
30. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
31. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
32. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
33. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
34. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
35. They strongly against using strong opioids.
36. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
37. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
38. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
39. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
40. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
Return to full list of frequently confused words