Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
2. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
3. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
4. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
5. There is one point on which I want your .
6. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
7. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
8. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
9. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
10. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
11. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
12. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
13. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
14. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
15. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
16. But let me you to think better of it.
17. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
18. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
19. They strongly against using strong opioids.
20. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
21. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
22. ``What line would you me to study?''
23. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
24. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
25. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
26. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
27. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
28. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
29. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
30. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
31. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
32. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
33. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
34. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
35. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
36. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
37. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
38. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
39. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
40. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
Return to full list of frequently confused words