Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
2. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
3. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
4. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
5. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
6. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
7. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
8. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
9. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
10. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
11. But let me you to think better of it.
12. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
13. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
14. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
15. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
16. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
17. ``What line would you me to study?''
18. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
19. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
20. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
21. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
22. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
23. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
24. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
25. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
26. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
27. There is one point on which I want your .
28. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
29. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
30. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
31. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
32. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
33. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
34. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
35. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
36. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
37. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
38. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
39. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
40. They strongly against using strong opioids.
Return to full list of frequently confused words