Confused Words: wreath vs wreathe
1. Every year on the anniversary of the sinking she went to Toronto to place a at a cemetery monument honoring the Empress victims, but mostly her parents.
2. When I return to my house I find that visitors have been there and left their cards, either a bunch of flowers, or a of evergreen, or a name in pencil on a yellow walnut leaf or a chip.
3. On the right side is goddess Liberty wearing a Phrygian cap and laurel .
4. Virgil’s award winning artwork was a sentimental drawing commemorating Legacy Week showing the ghost of soldier embracing his schoolgirl daughter who is laying a to his memory.
5. The level of degree is denoted by a star and above the badge and is determined by the number of flight hours accumulated.
6. You would almost think a great gun had been discharged; and if you noticed the light of vapour from the spiracle at his other extremity, you would think that that was the smoke from the touch-hole.
7. In 1906 Krymov participated in students exhibitions, and from 1907 in exhibitions including the Blue Rose, the , the Golden Fleece, and the Union of Russian Artists.
8. The Senior Weapons Director Badge is annotated by a star above the badge and the Master Badge displays a star and .
9. The coat of arms also has a at the bottom around the shield and three castles topping the shield; both in yellow.
10. On his coffin were placed his scabbard, sword, cap, belt and medals along with a of white roses.
11. On the other side of coins, appears with an enclosing with the Greek abbreviations "BAK", "BAEY", "BAEIY" and with the trade denomination "KΔ".
12. Receive the victor's ; and the herald shall proclaim your victory aloud before your own tribunal: "M.
13. "The Result:" Dave solves all nine symbols, then finds the "victory" symbol (a laurel ) to win.
14. His forehead was bound with a of sweet grass, in place of a warrior's frontlet, and he carried a bunch of flowers in his hand.
15. The Large Military Merit Medal was of gilt bronze, and was 38-mm in diameter, compared to 32-mm for the Silver Military Merit Medal. The crown was surmounted by a of laurel leaves.
16. The obverse depicts the ‘World-in-a ' emblem of the United Nations.
17. Until late in the 20th century, women could in some regions or times sue a man for money when he took her virginity without taking her as his wife.
18. The grades of the Air Force Space and Missile badge were denoted by a star (senior) and (command) centered above the decoration.
19. The war memorial, dating from about 1920, is in alabaster, and depicts an angel an a .
20. Both the Chinese President Hu Jintao and Austrian President Heinz Fischer laid a of honor.
Return to full list of frequently confused words