Confused Words: imply vs infer
1. How dare you to insinuate that you don't know my character better than your words ?'
2. As the universe shews wisdom and goodness, we wisdom and goodness.
3. We may from the frozen mammals and nature of the mountain vegetation, that Siberia was similarly affected.
4. The words "Oh he might have been a king!" should not be taken to that he could have become King.
5. All these factors a certain appeal of the film to a possible audience.
6. If those who have collected the prices of things in ancient times, therefore, had, during this period, no reason to the diminution of the value of silver from any observations which they had made upon the prices either of corn, or of other commodities, they had still less reason to it from any supposed increase of wealth and improvement.
7. In vain, therefore, should we pretend to determine any single event, or any cause or effect, without the assistance of observation and experience.
8. Judging from the past, we may safely that not one living species will transmit its unaltered likeness to a distinct futurity.
9. And if, in every separate territory, hardly any idea can be formed of the length of time which has elapsed between the consecutive formations, we may that this could nowhere be ascertained.
10. But we continually overrate the perfection of the geological record, and falsely , because certain genera or families have not been found beneath a certain stage, that they did not exist before that stage.
11. Were it demonstratively false, it would a contradiction, and could never be distinctly conceived by the mind.
12. While it does presuppositions, it does not take any premise for granted.
13. Perhaps we need only to know how his shores trend and his adjacent country or circumstances, to his depth and concealed bottom.
14. Nobody could the master mind in the top of that edifice from the edifice itself.
15. You that she may have gone out to tell her sweetheart, and that the two may have planned the robbery."
16. Having said this, the abbe bowed to he wished to pursue his studies.
17. There are at least two ways to this impact from data.
18. I ,''glancing at his hands again,``in the resumption of some old pursuit connected with the shock?''
19. This did a significant change in the power structure in the province.
20. It is these anticommutation relations that Fermi–Dirac statistics for the field quanta.
21. There may be no reason to the existence of one from the appearance of the other.
22. When we see a species first appearing in the middle of any formation, it would be rash in the extreme to that it had not elsewhere previously existed.
23. Moreover, Dr. Gunther has recently been led by several considerations to that with fishes the same forms have a long endurance.
24. This could that there was still some insistence on a Scottish variant after 1801.
25. However, strong universality does uniformity.
26. This would that the sea-floor organisms could not have lived there.
27. It does not necessarily that "all" inputs or outputs of productive activity are commodities traded in markets.
28. We may from all this that a nearly similar taste for beautiful colours and for musical sounds runs through a large part of the animal kingdom.
29. Danglars bent his head, which he meant to ,``Very well.''
30. I could see by his manner that he had stronger reasons for satisfaction than his words alone would .
31. Spontaneity does not that the reaction proceeds with great speed.
32. And she had a disagreeable consciousness of not appearing to that it had been an overpowering pleasure.
33. Not all phases will occur in all cases: The above list does not a specific sequence of events.
34. These examples that humans coevolved with psychoactive substances.
35. If we knew all the laws of Nature, we should need only one fact, or the description of one actual phenomenon, to all the particular results at that point.
36. "Then, pray tell me what it is that you can from this hat?"
37. Some of the movies, such as the Earth, Radar and Milky Way videos, that Moby is of an extraterrestrial origin.
38. It took no very great mental effort to that my Time Machine was inside that pedestal.
39. However, these designations should not be taken to sectarianism.
40. From the order of the work, you , that there must have been project and forethought in the workman.
Return to full list of frequently confused words