Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
2. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
3. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
4. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
5. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
6. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
7. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
8. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
9. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
10. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
11. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
12. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
13. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
14. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
15. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
16. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
17. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
18. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
19. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
20. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
21. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
22. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
23. The result of the debate was that it was not .
24. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
25. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
26. He was not to form his own gens.
27. Detainees were to request witnesses.
28. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
29. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
30. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
31. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
32. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
33. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
34. This them to appear on both brands.
35. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
36. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
37. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
38. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
39. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
40. They were not to leave remote villages.
Return to full list of frequently confused words