Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
2. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
3. He was not to form his own gens.
4. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
5. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
6. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
7. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
8. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
9. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
10. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
11. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
12. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
13. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
14. They were not to leave remote villages.
15. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
16. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
17. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
18. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
19. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
20. Detainees were to request witnesses.
21. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
22. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
23. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
24. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
25. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
26. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
27. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
28. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
29. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
30. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
31. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
32. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
33. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
34. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
35. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
36. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
37. The result of the debate was that it was not .
38. This them to appear on both brands.
39. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
40. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
Return to full list of frequently confused words