Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
2. They were not to leave remote villages.
3. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
4. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
5. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
6. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
7. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
8. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
9. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
10. He was not to form his own gens.
11. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
12. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
13. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
14. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
15. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
16. Detainees were to request witnesses.
17. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
18. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
19. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
20. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
21. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
22. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
23. The result of the debate was that it was not .
24. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
25. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
26. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
27. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
28. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
29. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
30. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
31. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
32. This them to appear on both brands.
33. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
34. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
35. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
36. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
37. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
38. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
39. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
40. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
Return to full list of frequently confused words