Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. The result of the debate was that it was not .
2. They were not to leave remote villages.
3. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
4. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
5. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
6. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
7. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
8. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
9. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
10. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
11. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
12. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
13. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
14. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
15. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
16. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
17. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
18. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
19. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
20. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
21. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
22. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
23. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
24. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
25. He was not to form his own gens.
26. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
27. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
28. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
29. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
30. This them to appear on both brands.
31. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
32. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
33. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
34. Detainees were to request witnesses.
35. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
36. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
37. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
38. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
39. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
40. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
Return to full list of frequently confused words