Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
2. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
3. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
4. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
5. The result of the debate was that it was not .
6. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
7. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
8. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
9. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
10. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
11. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
12. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
13. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
14. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
15. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
16. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
17. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
18. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
19. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
20. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
21. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
22. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
23. He was not to form his own gens.
24. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
25. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
26. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
27. This them to appear on both brands.
28. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
29. They were not to leave remote villages.
30. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
31. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
32. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
33. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
34. Detainees were to request witnesses.
35. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
36. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
37. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
38. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
39. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
40. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
Return to full list of frequently confused words