Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
2. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
3. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
4. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
5. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
6. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
7. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
8. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
9. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
10. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
11. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
12. The result of the debate was that it was not .
13. He was not to form his own gens.
14. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
15. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
16. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
17. This them to appear on both brands.
18. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
19. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
20. They were not to leave remote villages.
21. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
22. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
23. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
24. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
25. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
26. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
27. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
28. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
29. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
30. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
31. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
32. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
33. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
34. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
35. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
36. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
37. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
38. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
39. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
40. Detainees were to request witnesses.
Return to full list of frequently confused words