Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
2. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
3. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
4. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
5. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
6. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
7. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
8. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
9. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
10. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
11. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
12. The result of the debate was that it was not .
13. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
14. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
15. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
16. This them to appear on both brands.
17. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
18. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
19. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
20. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
21. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
22. Detainees were to request witnesses.
23. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
24. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
25. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
26. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
27. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
28. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
29. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
30. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
31. He was not to form his own gens.
32. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
33. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
34. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
35. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
36. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
37. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
38. They were not to leave remote villages.
39. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
40. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
Return to full list of frequently confused words