Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. This them to appear on both brands.
2. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
3. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
4. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
5. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
6. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
7. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
8. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
9. The result of the debate was that it was not .
10. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
11. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
12. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
13. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
14. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
15. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
16. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
17. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
18. Detainees were to request witnesses.
19. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
20. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
21. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
22. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
23. He was not to form his own gens.
24. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
25. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
26. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
27. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
28. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
29. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
30. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
31. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
32. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
33. They were not to leave remote villages.
34. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
35. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
36. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
37. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
38. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
39. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
40. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
Return to full list of frequently confused words