Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
2. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
3. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
4. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
5. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
6. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
7. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
8. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
9. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
10. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
11. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
12. This them to appear on both brands.
13. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
14. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
15. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
16. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
17. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
18. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
19. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
20. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
21. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
22. They were not to leave remote villages.
23. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
24. The result of the debate was that it was not .
25. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
26. Detainees were to request witnesses.
27. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
28. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
29. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
30. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
31. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
32. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
33. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
34. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
35. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
36. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
37. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
38. He was not to form his own gens.
39. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
40. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
Return to full list of frequently confused words