Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
2. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
3. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
4. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
5. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
6. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
7. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
8. The result of the debate was that it was not .
9. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
10. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
11. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
12. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
13. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
14. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
15. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
16. This them to appear on both brands.
17. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
18. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
19. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
20. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
21. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
22. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
23. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
24. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
25. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
26. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
27. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
28. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
29. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
30. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
31. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
32. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
33. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
34. Detainees were to request witnesses.
35. He was not to form his own gens.
36. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
37. They were not to leave remote villages.
38. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
39. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
40. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
Return to full list of frequently confused words