Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
2. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
3. They were not to leave remote villages.
4. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
5. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
6. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
7. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
8. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
9. This them to appear on both brands.
10. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
11. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
12. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
13. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
14. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
15. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
16. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
17. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
18. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
19. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
20. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
21. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
22. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
23. Detainees were to request witnesses.
24. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
25. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
26. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
27. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
28. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
29. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
30. He was not to form his own gens.
31. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
32. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
33. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
34. The result of the debate was that it was not .
35. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
36. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
37. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
38. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
39. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
40. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
Return to full list of frequently confused words