Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
2. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
3. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
4. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
5. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
6. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
7. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
8. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
9. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
10. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
11. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
12. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
13. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
14. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
15. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
16. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
17. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
18. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
19. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
20. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
21. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
22. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
23. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
24. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
25. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
26. The result of the debate was that it was not .
27. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
28. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
29. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
30. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
31. Detainees were to request witnesses.
32. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
33. He was not to form his own gens.
34. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
35. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
36. This them to appear on both brands.
37. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
38. They were not to leave remote villages.
39. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
40. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
Return to full list of frequently confused words