Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. The result of the debate was that it was not .
2. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
3. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
4. Detainees were to request witnesses.
5. He was not to form his own gens.
6. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
7. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
8. This them to appear on both brands.
9. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
10. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
11. They were not to leave remote villages.
12. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
13. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
14. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
15. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
16. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
17. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
18. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
19. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
20. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
21. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
22. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
23. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
24. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
25. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
26. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
27. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
28. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
29. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
30. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
31. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
32. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
33. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
34. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
35. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
36. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
37. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
38. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
39. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
40. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
Return to full list of frequently confused words