Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
2. The result of the debate was that it was not .
3. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
4. Detainees were to request witnesses.
5. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
6. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
7. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
8. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
9. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
10. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
11. This them to appear on both brands.
12. He was not to form his own gens.
13. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
14. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
15. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
16. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
17. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
18. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
19. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
20. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
21. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
22. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
23. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
24. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
25. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
26. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
27. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
28. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
29. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
30. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
31. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
32. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
33. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
34. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
35. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
36. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
37. They were not to leave remote villages.
38. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
39. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
40. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
Return to full list of frequently confused words