Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
2. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
3. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
4. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
5. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
6. Detainees were to request witnesses.
7. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
8. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
9. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
10. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
11. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
12. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
13. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
14. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
15. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
16. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
17. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
18. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
19. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
20. He was not to form his own gens.
21. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
22. This them to appear on both brands.
23. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
24. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
25. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
26. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
27. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
28. The result of the debate was that it was not .
29. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
30. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
31. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
32. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
33. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
34. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
35. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
36. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
37. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
38. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
39. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
40. They were not to leave remote villages.
Return to full list of frequently confused words