Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
2. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
3. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
4. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
5. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
6. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
7. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
8. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
9. The result of the debate was that it was not .
10. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
11. This them to appear on both brands.
12. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
13. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
14. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
15. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
16. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
17. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
18. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
19. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
20. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
21. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
22. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
23. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
24. Detainees were to request witnesses.
25. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
26. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
27. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
28. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
29. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
30. He was not to form his own gens.
31. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
32. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
33. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
34. They were not to leave remote villages.
35. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
36. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
37. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
38. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
39. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
40. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
Return to full list of frequently confused words