Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
2. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
3. Detainees were to request witnesses.
4. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
5. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
6. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
7. He was not to form his own gens.
8. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
9. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
10. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
11. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
12. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
13. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
14. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
15. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
16. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
17. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
18. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
19. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
20. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
21. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
22. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
23. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
24. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
25. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
26. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
27. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
28. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
29. They were not to leave remote villages.
30. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
31. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
32. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
33. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
34. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
35. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
36. The result of the debate was that it was not .
37. This them to appear on both brands.
38. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
39. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
40. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
Return to full list of frequently confused words