Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
2. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
3. Detainees were to request witnesses.
4. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
5. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
6. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
7. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
8. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
9. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
10. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
11. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
12. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
13. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
14. They were not to leave remote villages.
15. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
16. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
17. This them to appear on both brands.
18. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
19. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
20. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
21. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
22. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
23. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
24. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
25. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
26. He was not to form his own gens.
27. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
28. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
29. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
30. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
31. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
32. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
33. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
34. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
35. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
36. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
37. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
38. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
39. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
40. The result of the debate was that it was not .
Return to full list of frequently confused words