Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
2. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
3. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
4. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
5. They were not to leave remote villages.
6. Detainees were to request witnesses.
7. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
8. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
9. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
10. This them to appear on both brands.
11. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
12. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
13. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
14. He was not to form his own gens.
15. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
16. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
17. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
18. The result of the debate was that it was not .
19. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
20. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
21. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
22. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
23. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
24. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
25. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
26. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
27. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
28. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
29. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
30. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
31. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
32. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
33. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
34. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
35. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
36. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
37. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
38. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
39. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
40. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
Return to full list of frequently confused words