Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
2. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
3. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
4. They were not to leave remote villages.
5. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
6. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
7. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
8. He was not to form his own gens.
9. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
10. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
11. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
12. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
13. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
14. The result of the debate was that it was not .
15. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
16. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
17. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
18. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
19. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
20. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
21. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
22. This them to appear on both brands.
23. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
24. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
25. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
26. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
27. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
28. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
29. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
30. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
31. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
32. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
33. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
34. Detainees were to request witnesses.
35. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
36. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
37. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
38. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
39. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
40. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
Return to full list of frequently confused words