Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
2. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
3. Detainees were to request witnesses.
4. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
5. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
6. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
7. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
8. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
9. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
10. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
11. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
12. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
13. They were not to leave remote villages.
14. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
15. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
16. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
17. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
18. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
19. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
20. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
21. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
22. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
23. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
24. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
25. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
26. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
27. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
28. The result of the debate was that it was not .
29. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
30. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
31. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
32. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
33. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
34. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
35. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
36. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
37. He was not to form his own gens.
38. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
39. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
40. This them to appear on both brands.
Return to full list of frequently confused words