Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
2. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
3. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
4. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
5. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
6. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
7. They were not to leave remote villages.
8. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
9. The result of the debate was that it was not .
10. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
11. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
12. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
13. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
14. This them to appear on both brands.
15. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
16. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
17. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
18. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
19. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
20. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
21. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
22. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
23. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
24. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
25. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
26. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
27. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
28. Detainees were to request witnesses.
29. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
30. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
31. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
32. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
33. He was not to form his own gens.
34. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
35. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
36. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
37. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
38. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
39. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
40. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
Return to full list of frequently confused words