Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
2. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
3. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
4. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
5. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
6. Detainees were to request witnesses.
7. They were not to leave remote villages.
8. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
9. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
10. He was not to form his own gens.
11. This them to appear on both brands.
12. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
13. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
14. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
15. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
16. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
17. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
18. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
19. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
20. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
21. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
22. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
23. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
24. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
25. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
26. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
27. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
28. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
29. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
30. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
31. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
32. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
33. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
34. The result of the debate was that it was not .
35. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
36. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
37. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
38. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
39. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
40. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
Return to full list of frequently confused words