Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
2. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
3. This them to appear on both brands.
4. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
5. Detainees were to request witnesses.
6. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
7. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
8. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
9. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
10. He was not to form his own gens.
11. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
12. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
13. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
14. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
15. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
16. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
17. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
18. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
19. The result of the debate was that it was not .
20. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
21. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
22. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
23. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
24. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
25. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
26. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
27. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
28. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
29. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
30. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
31. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
32. They were not to leave remote villages.
33. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
34. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
35. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
36. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
37. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
38. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
39. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
40. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
Return to full list of frequently confused words