Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
2. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
3. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
4. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
5. The result of the debate was that it was not .
6. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
7. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
8. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
9. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
10. Detainees were to request witnesses.
11. This them to appear on both brands.
12. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
13. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
14. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
15. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
16. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
17. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
18. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
19. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
20. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
21. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
22. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
23. They were not to leave remote villages.
24. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
25. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
26. He was not to form his own gens.
27. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
28. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
29. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
30. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
31. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
32. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
33. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
34. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
35. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
36. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
37. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
38. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
39. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
40. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words