Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. He was not to form his own gens.
2. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
3. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
4. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
5. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
6. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
7. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
8. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
9. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
10. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
11. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
12. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
13. They were not to leave remote villages.
14. This them to appear on both brands.
15. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
16. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
17. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
18. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
19. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
20. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
21. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
22. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
23. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
24. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
25. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
26. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
27. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
28. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
29. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
30. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
31. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
32. Detainees were to request witnesses.
33. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
34. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
35. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
36. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
37. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
38. The result of the debate was that it was not .
39. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
40. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words