Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
2. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
3. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
4. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
5. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
6. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
7. This them to appear on both brands.
8. Detainees were to request witnesses.
9. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
10. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
11. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
12. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
13. The result of the debate was that it was not .
14. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
15. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
16. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
17. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
18. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
19. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
20. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
21. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
22. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
23. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
24. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
25. He was not to form his own gens.
26. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
27. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
28. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
29. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
30. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
31. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
32. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
33. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
34. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
35. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
36. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
37. They were not to leave remote villages.
38. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
39. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
40. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
Return to full list of frequently confused words