Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
2. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
3. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
4. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
5. Detainees were to request witnesses.
6. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
7. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
8. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
9. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
10. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
11. This them to appear on both brands.
12. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
13. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
14. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
15. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
16. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
17. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
18. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
19. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
20. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
21. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
22. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
23. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
24. They were not to leave remote villages.
25. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
26. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
27. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
28. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
29. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
30. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
31. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
32. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
33. The result of the debate was that it was not .
34. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
35. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
36. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
37. He was not to form his own gens.
38. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
39. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
40. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
Return to full list of frequently confused words