Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
2. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
3. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
4. Detainees were to request witnesses.
5. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
6. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
7. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
8. He was not to form his own gens.
9. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
10. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
11. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
12. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
13. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
14. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
15. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
16. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
17. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
18. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
19. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
20. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
21. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
22. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
23. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
24. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
25. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
26. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
27. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
28. This them to appear on both brands.
29. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
30. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
31. They were not to leave remote villages.
32. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
33. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
34. The result of the debate was that it was not .
35. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
36. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
37. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
38. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
39. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
40. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
Return to full list of frequently confused words