Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
2. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
3. They were not to leave remote villages.
4. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
5. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
6. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
7. The result of the debate was that it was not .
8. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
9. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
10. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
11. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
12. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
13. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
14. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
15. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
16. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
17. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
18. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
19. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
20. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
21. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
22. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
23. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
24. He was not to form his own gens.
25. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
26. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
27. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
28. This them to appear on both brands.
29. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
30. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
31. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
32. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
33. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
34. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
35. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
36. Detainees were to request witnesses.
37. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
38. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
39. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
40. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
Return to full list of frequently confused words