Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
2. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
3. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
4. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
5. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
6. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
7. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
8. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
9. Detainees were to request witnesses.
10. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
11. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
12. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
13. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
14. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
15. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
16. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
17. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
18. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
19. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
20. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
21. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
22. This them to appear on both brands.
23. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
24. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
25. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
26. He was not to form his own gens.
27. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
28. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
29. The result of the debate was that it was not .
30. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
31. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
32. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
33. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
34. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
35. They were not to leave remote villages.
36. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
37. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
38. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
39. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
40. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words