Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
2. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
3. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
4. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
5. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
6. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
7. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
8. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
9. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
10. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
11. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
12. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
13. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
14. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
15. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
16. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
17. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
18. This them to appear on both brands.
19. He was not to form his own gens.
20. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
21. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
22. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
23. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
24. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
25. They were not to leave remote villages.
26. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
27. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
28. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
29. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
30. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
31. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
32. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
33. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
34. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
35. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
36. The result of the debate was that it was not .
37. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
38. Detainees were to request witnesses.
39. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
40. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
Return to full list of frequently confused words