Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
2. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
3. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
4. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
5. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
6. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
7. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
8. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
9. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
10. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
11. He was not to form his own gens.
12. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
13. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
14. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
15. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
16. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
17. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
18. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
19. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
20. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
21. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
22. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
23. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
24. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
25. The result of the debate was that it was not .
26. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
27. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
28. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
29. This them to appear on both brands.
30. Detainees were to request witnesses.
31. They were not to leave remote villages.
32. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
33. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
34. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
35. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
36. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
37. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
38. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
39. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
40. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
Return to full list of frequently confused words