Confused Words: aloud vs allowed
1. They were not to leave remote villages.
2. As it appeared to me that I was expected to speak, I said : 'How do you do, Mr. Micawber?'
3. The result of the debate was that it was not .
4. Well, the duke he would take my bed; but the king he wouldn't.
5. I thought isn't it a shame that I'm not to do that anymore.
6. ``It is from Miss Bingley,''said Jane, and then read it .
7. Then he added ,``Yes, sir, I am hungry very hungry.''
8. "The difference is that we do not do what is not by the law.
9. Jim he they was made, but I they happened; I judged it would have took too long to MAKE so many.
10. The Turks were not to settle in the village.
11. ``I will come directly,''cried Valentine .
12. After a slight preparation for good news, the letter was read .
13. but she did not say this , for fear of hurting the poor Queen's feeling.
14. ``Read it ,''said their father,``for I hardly know myself what it is about.''
15. It was, but she herself to deteriorate."
16. ``Really, you should relate all this , you would have the greatest success.''
17. They were not to go out of each other's sight in any circumstances.
18. He was not to form his own gens.
19. In 940 he was to operate a mint.
20. Each of the brothers' confessions were also read .
21. And the prisoner,''he continued ,``was he ever heard of afterwards?''
22. Don Quixote called to him and begged him to come down to where they stood.
23. Then, the count added ,``Was his name ever known?''
24. Until recently, it had been to fall into decay.
25. Reading a brand is referred to as “calling the brand“.
26. Detainees were to request witnesses.
27. ``But why is my grandfather to live?''
28. "Broken" colours such as pinto are not .
29. As in the other trios, the performers speak words in unison.
30. But here,' said Traddles, breaking off in his confidence, and speaking , 'ARE the girls!
31. He prayed, and prayed , no longer terrified at the sound of his own voice, for he fell into a sort of ecstasy.
32. 'Has Agnes any--' I was thinking , rather than speaking.
33. ``But shall you be to go into Normandy?''
34. They simply laid down where they were and themselves to die.
35. She said it , but added to herself, as she resumed her knitting:``Hah!
36. She screamed ; then running to the door exclaimed,``Help, help!''
37. But it turned out that he had never read to people, and was too shy to venture the attempt now.
38. And so would Anne, if her health had her to apply.
39. This them to appear on both brands.
40. ``Yes; but your father was not to fall.
Return to full list of frequently confused words