Confused Words: adverse vs averse
1. The utility function whose expected value is maximized is convex for a risk-seeker, concave for a risk- agent, and linear for a risk-neutral agent.
2. The flip side of the cheating problem in socialism is the lying or ' selection' problem in capitalism.
3. Furthermore, referred itch itself does not confer any effects on the health of those experiencing it.
4. The most common effects observed with lopinavir/ritonavir are diarrhea and nausea.
5. Short-term use increases minor effects, but does not appear to increase major effects.
6. While most investors are considered risk "", one could view casino-goers as risk-seeking.
7. This is an example of selection very similar to the classic "lemons" example of Akerlof.
8. He breathed his last on January 9, 1946 in pecuniary as a gifted poet of our time.
9. Dryvax has serious side-effects in about 1% to 2% of cases.
10. The most common side effects are raised liver enzymes and muscle problems.
11. Additionally they have rare but severe effects, particularly muscle damage.
12. In general humans have not caused impact to the Merriam's kangaroo rat through most of its range.
13. A branch is cut off by another, but he that hates and is , cuts himself off from his neighbour, and knows not that at the same time he divides himself from the whole body, or corporation.
14. Also, Shi'a Muslims are much less to the depiction of figures, including the Prophets as long as the depiction is respectful.
15. It is the more strange, since we know that Turner himself was to the idea.
16. The popular odium, however, which attends it in years of scarcity, the only years in which it can be very profitable, renders people of character and fortune to enter into it.
17. As for me, this is my joy, if my understanding be right and sound, as neither from any man, nor refusing any of those things which as a man I am subject unto; if I can look upon all things in the world meekly and kindly; accept all things and carry myself towards everything according to to true worth of the thing itself.
18. In those of the former kind, liberality, frankness, and good fellowship, naturally make a part of their common character; in the latter, narrowness, meanness, and a selfish disposition, to all social pleasure and enjoyment.
19. Although to public speaking Hammond was very popular with the Australian public and was cheered whenever he appeared.
20. His research area is in vaccinology, with a focus on delivery, effectiveness and consequences.
21. Salt can have effects on soil and soil composition.
22. After the war, Egypt felt the effects of soaring prices and unemployment.
23. But there is still indeed a more weighty reason, why the kings of this country have been always from executing so terrible an action, unless upon the utmost necessity.
24. The number of rich people, besides, who are either to marry, or whose condition of life renders it either improper or inconvenient for them to do so, is much greater in France than in England.
25. Various effects have been reported to the FDA.
26. For that indeed, (if it were so) is the only thing that might make thee from death, and willing to continue here, if it were thy hap to live with men that had obtained the same belief that thou hast.
27. The chances are that she would be as to its being seen by Mr. Godfrey Norton, as our client is to its coming to the eyes of his princess.
28. Secondly, when she either is from any man, or led by contrary desires or affections, tending to his hurt and prejudice; such as are the souls of them that are angry.
29. There are no significant side-effects of Prajmaline when taken alone and with a proper dosage.
30. ``Now, speaking without any exaggeration, is your mother really so very much to this marriage?''
31. In May 2013, Ubeto was provisionally suspended for an finding of GW501516.
32. and are particularly to visual representations of Muhammad.
33. In general, the richest and best endowed universities have been slowest in adopting those improvements, and the most to permit any considerable change in the established plan of education.
34. effects of other polypeptide antibiotics include kidney and nerve damage when given by injection.
35. Doth he bear all chances with more equanimity: or with his neighbour's offences with more meekness and gentleness than I?
36. Antirejection drugs he took after the transplant caused an reaction, which led to his death from heart failure.
37. The reactions were mild to moderate, which resolved when the drug was discontinued.
38. One patient in the ivacaftor group reported a serious reaction: abdominal pain.
39. I should not have been to do so, but that I imagined I detected trouble, and calculation relative to the extent of the cold meat, in Mrs. Micawber's eye.
40. "I cannot admire his taste," I remarked, "if it is indeed a fact that he was to a marriage with so charming a young lady as this Miss Turner."
Return to full list of frequently confused words