Confused Words: palate vs palette
1. UPPP involves the removal of the tonsils, followed by removal of the anterior surface of the soft and uvula, folding of the uvula toward the soft and suturing it together as demonstrated in the figures.
2. The board could display 256 colors from a of 16 million.
3. Betrò uses the Libyan as her extensive explanation of the "City Plan".
4. The result was a of vibrant lime green, magenta, and purple combined with more subdued shades of orange, yellow, and beige (see image at left).
5. Stubb was a high liver; he was somewhat intemperately fond of the whale as a flavorish thing to his .
6. Pickled ginger is used as a cleanser between sushi pieces.
7. Camille Pissarro denounced the "old, dull earth colors" and said he had banned them from his .
8. And it will be noticed that he confined himself chiefly to quiet gray day effects of lighting, the rendering of which was well within the range of his .
9. The two species also differ in details of the configuration of the .
10. The Narmer has a bull with a broken-open fortress (hieroglyph) enclosure.
11. The Hyperoodon bidens is destitute of true teeth in an efficient condition, but its is roughened, according to Lacepede, with small unequal, hard points of horn.
12. The contributing factors in the variability of success include the pre-surgical size of the tonsils, , uvula and tongue base.
13. An ivory painter's found inside the tomb of King Tutankhamun had small compartments with pigments of red ochre and five other colors.
14. Exposed in Paris to Post-Impressionism and Fauvism, she adopted a vivid and used red or blue contouring lines.
15. There is a unique combination of traits: the snout is deep; the midline ridge on the towards the front reaches a position behind the third tooth pair.
16. Red lake pigments were an important part of the of 16th century Venetian painters, particularly Titian, but they were used in all periods.
17. I have been thrilled to think that I owed a mental perception to the commonly gross sense of taste, that I have been inspired through the , that some berries which I had eaten on a hillside had fed my genius.
18. While in Cuba his did not reflect the brilliant, intense colors of his native land; but in Chicago he began to incorporate in his art the tropical hues of his Caribbean homeland.
19. In 2006, Mathijssen et al. described an adult male mentally retarded patient who had calcified pinnae and a neoplasm of the .
20. Géricault's is composed of pallid flesh tones, and the murky colours of the survivors' clothes, the sea and the clouds.
21. The original music was composed by Michael Small, who incorporated genuine traditional African music into a traditional orchestral .
22. The Bull contains two cities identified with internal iconographic hieroglyphs.
23. Art students start in with a full of the most amazing colors, producing results that it were better not to discuss.
24. The incisive foramina, openings in the before the molars, are short.
25. cleansers are often used between tasting wine or cheese or other strong flavors.
26. A cleanser is generally a neutral flavored element in food that enables to clear the from one flavor to another; in cultures where diversity of flavors in dishes is custom, a cleanser is a must to companion in table.
27. The color of furniture and design details is brighter and more saturated than other examples of Wright's architecture.
28. Some widely-used cleansers are sorbet, bread, apple slices, and pickles.
29. Fans nicknamed them Torch and Hornbuckle, respectively, and both were swaps of Liu Kang.
30. Mutations in it are known to cause microtia, hearing impairment, and cleft .
31. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and specializes in cleft lip, cleft , craniofacial deformities, and hemangiomas.
32. Restless and a non-conformist, she presented her two children with a broad of ideas and the freedom to explore them.
33. (see list: Libyan ) Fortress hieroglyph and the "Nine Bows".
34. The pterygoid is a paired bone forming part of the of many vertebrates, behind the palatine bones.
35. Prior to the storm, the hospital serviced both burns patients and patients with cleft lip and disorders.
36. They arise from the , and are attached by flexible membrane to the sides of the mandible.
37. Get a good white canvas, and set upon it in columns the different colors, very much as you would do on your , writing the names in ink beside them.
38. It was an important part of the of Caravaggio (1571-1610) and Rembrandt (1606-1669).
39. These may be correct and [can be explained—but maybe they won’t please your , and now I wished, they would be less correct, but more appetizing and agreeable to your taste.
40. ``Because your his not yet been attuned to the sublimity of the substances it flavors.
Return to full list of frequently confused words