Confused Words: palate vs palette
1. An ivory painter's found inside the tomb of King Tutankhamun had small compartments with pigments of red ochre and five other colors.
2. UPPP involves the removal of the tonsils, followed by removal of the anterior surface of the soft and uvula, folding of the uvula toward the soft and suturing it together as demonstrated in the figures.
3. There is a unique combination of traits: the snout is deep; the midline ridge on the towards the front reaches a position behind the third tooth pair.
4. I have been thrilled to think that I owed a mental perception to the commonly gross sense of taste, that I have been inspired through the , that some berries which I had eaten on a hillside had fed my genius.
5. While in Cuba his did not reflect the brilliant, intense colors of his native land; but in Chicago he began to incorporate in his art the tropical hues of his Caribbean homeland.
6. Pickled ginger is used as a cleanser between sushi pieces.
7. He is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and specializes in cleft lip, cleft , craniofacial deformities, and hemangiomas.
8. ``Because your his not yet been attuned to the sublimity of the substances it flavors.
9. It was an important part of the of Caravaggio (1571-1610) and Rembrandt (1606-1669).
10. Restless and a non-conformist, she presented her two children with a broad of ideas and the freedom to explore them.
11. The original music was composed by Michael Small, who incorporated genuine traditional African music into a traditional orchestral .
12. Art students start in with a full of the most amazing colors, producing results that it were better not to discuss.
13. Fans nicknamed them Torch and Hornbuckle, respectively, and both were swaps of Liu Kang.
14. In 2006, Mathijssen et al. described an adult male mentally retarded patient who had calcified pinnae and a neoplasm of the .
15. Camille Pissarro denounced the "old, dull earth colors" and said he had banned them from his .
16. Géricault's is composed of pallid flesh tones, and the murky colours of the survivors' clothes, the sea and the clouds.
17. And it will be noticed that he confined himself chiefly to quiet gray day effects of lighting, the rendering of which was well within the range of his .
18. Prior to the storm, the hospital serviced both burns patients and patients with cleft lip and disorders.
19. cleansers are often used between tasting wine or cheese or other strong flavors.
20. The contributing factors in the variability of success include the pre-surgical size of the tonsils, , uvula and tongue base.
21. The Bull contains two cities identified with internal iconographic hieroglyphs.
22. Exposed in Paris to Post-Impressionism and Fauvism, she adopted a vivid and used red or blue contouring lines.
23. The Narmer has a bull with a broken-open fortress (hieroglyph) enclosure.
24. These may be correct and [can be explained—but maybe they won’t please your , and now I wished, they would be less correct, but more appetizing and agreeable to your taste.
25. A cleanser is generally a neutral flavored element in food that enables to clear the from one flavor to another; in cultures where diversity of flavors in dishes is custom, a cleanser is a must to companion in table.
26. The color of furniture and design details is brighter and more saturated than other examples of Wright's architecture.
27. Get a good white canvas, and set upon it in columns the different colors, very much as you would do on your , writing the names in ink beside them.
28. The board could display 256 colors from a of 16 million.
29. The pterygoid is a paired bone forming part of the of many vertebrates, behind the palatine bones.
30. Betrò uses the Libyan as her extensive explanation of the "City Plan".
31. The incisive foramina, openings in the before the molars, are short.
32. (see list: Libyan ) Fortress hieroglyph and the "Nine Bows".
33. Some widely-used cleansers are sorbet, bread, apple slices, and pickles.
34. The two species also differ in details of the configuration of the .
35. The result was a of vibrant lime green, magenta, and purple combined with more subdued shades of orange, yellow, and beige (see image at left).
36. They arise from the , and are attached by flexible membrane to the sides of the mandible.
37. Stubb was a high liver; he was somewhat intemperately fond of the whale as a flavorish thing to his .
38. The Hyperoodon bidens is destitute of true teeth in an efficient condition, but its is roughened, according to Lacepede, with small unequal, hard points of horn.
39. Red lake pigments were an important part of the of 16th century Venetian painters, particularly Titian, but they were used in all periods.
40. Mutations in it are known to cause microtia, hearing impairment, and cleft .
Return to full list of frequently confused words