Confused Words: grisly vs grizzly
1. When she was fourteen, Pretty Shield and a group of her friends were treed by a bear and her cubs.
2. Yes, that was plain; but nobody wanted that task.
3. About midway down the outside rank, a shrouded figure was sitting upright, wagging its head slowly from one side to the other a spectacle!
4. After some rubbing of the lower part of his face, and some looking at us with those bad eyes, over his fingers, he made one more address to me, half whining, and half abusive.
5. His story was popular; an episode in which he killed one bear with a single shot and then stared down another became the subject of a ballad.
6. Night of the Grizzlies is a book, published in 1969, by author Jack Olsen, which details events of August 13, 1967, when two young women were separately attacked in Glacier National Park, Montana, by bears.
7. He rebelled when asked to draw a picture of a murdered young girl, embellishing it with excess blood and detail.
8. In March 2008, Owen Pallett under the alias Final Fantasy, collaborated with Bear's Ed Droste on a cover of Björk's "Possibly Maybe" as part of Stereogum's tribute to Björk's album, "Post".
9. The school’s mascot is the " Bear", and the school colors are Light Blue and Dark Blue.
10. At the October 2 "Ring of Honor Wrestling" tapings they defeated the team of Redwood and Mike Sydal. They lost to Steve Corino and Kevin Steen on October 15, and the All Night Express of Kenny King and Rhett Titus at a show on October 16.
11. The park also protects a small herd of the threatened mountain caribou and provides habitat for bear and mountain goat.
12. Pallett contributed remixes for the bands Stars, Bear and Death from Above 1979.
13. Olsen's book investigates the potential causes of the incidents, in an area where no attacks had previously been recorded.
14. Unlike the giant petrels that acquire scarlet heads while gorging on the bloody flesh, the fastidious pintails remain remarkably clean by dipping frequently into streams or pools of water.” Breeding.
15. “It has been my good luck to kill every kind of game properly belonging to the United States I have never seen a roped by the riders of the plains, nor a black bear killed with the knife and hounds in the southern canebrakes.” However, he also warned that though hunting is a noble and masculine pursuit, it should not be abused.
16. I knew of her enchantment and her fate, From high-born dame to peasant wench transformed And touched with pity, first I turned the leaves Of countless volumes of my devilish craft, And then, in this grim skeleton Myself encasing, hither have I come To show where lies the fitting remedy To give relief in such a piteous case.
17. It was a , hideous night, and all shapes were vague and distorted.
18. The Beechcraft XA-38 was a United States ground attack aircraft, fitted with a forward-firing 75 mm cannon to attack heavily armored targets.
19. He did not gather his eyebrows together, for he had none worth mentioning; but he frowned to that degree that he almost closed his small eyes, while the hurried raising of his hand to his chin betrayed some trepidation or surprise.
20. Soon the full horror of Todd's activities are discovered and the dismembered remains of hundreds of his victims found in the crypt underneath St Dunstan's church.
21. You take a night when there's one of these , drizzly, gray mists, and then there isn't any particular shape to a shore.
22. The school's mascot is the California and their colors are red, gray, and white.
23. He was never absent during business hours, unless upon an errand, and then he was represented by his son: a urchin of twelve, who was his express image.
24. He stirred his coffee round and round, he sipped it, he felt his chin softly with his hand, he looked at the fire, he looked about the room, he gasped rather than smiled at me, he writhed and undulated about, in his deferential servility, he stirred and sipped again, but he left the renewal of the conversation to me.
25. The Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco popularized and legitimized the low dancehall Texas Tommy along with the Bunny hug, Turkey Trot and Bear.
26. The Rocky Mountains are an important habitat for a great deal of well-known wildlife, such as elk, moose, mule and white-tailed deer, pronghorns, mountain goats, bighorn sheep, badgers, black bears, bears, coyotes, lynxes, and wolverines.
27. bears were also common in the mountainous portions of the Level Mountain Range and are potentially significant predators of young caribou calves.
28. In the United States portion of the mountain range, apex predators such as bears and gray wolves had been extirpated from their original ranges, but have partially recovered due to conservation measures and reintroduction.
29. Wildlife of the Noatak tundra includes moose, bears, black bears, wolves, arctic foxes, lemmings, Dall's sheep, vast herds of caribou numbering more than 500,000 individuals, and a variety of birds.
30. On November 11, 2008 Callihan made his Ring of Honor debut at "Escalation" in a losing effort in a four-corner survival match also involving Go Shiozaki, Rhett Titus, and Redwood.
31. The Honest Tradesman To the eyes of Mr. Jeremiah Cruncher, sitting on his stool in Fleet street with his urchin beside him, a vast number and variety of objects in movement were every day presented.
32. Rindo initially attacked Tsujikaze, however she relented and passed out after seeing his scar, after which they became fast friends.
33. He lived in the world, as the last of the Bears lived in settled Missouri.
34. She remembered looking down into the eyes of the for the rest of her life.
35. "Sleeping Ute" is a song by American indie rock band Bear, and the first single from the band's fourth studio album, "Shields" (2012).
36. The review in "Publishers Weekly" said, "Yancey's elegant depiction of an America plagued with monsters, human and otherwise, spares no detail.
37. The central article in the faux newspaper was "The Story of the Dance" is transcribed here: A breath from the cotton fields - the bear, the loving hug, the walk-back and the turkey-trot all blend in Texas Tommy Swing.
38. From Cam Nuong, Akutagawa learns the details of life under communism in Danang, including children searching for valuables in freshly executed corpses in the "chicken farm".
Return to full list of frequently confused words