Confused Words: foreword vs forward
1. Later editions of a book sometimes have a new prepended (appearing before an older if there was one), which might explain in what respects that edition differs from previous ones.
2. Ayola claimed he came because he had been threatened.
3. Hesketh's report was eventually published posthumously, in 1999, with a by "Nigel West" (the pseudonym of Rupert Allason).
4. It was reprinted in 1996 with the addition of a new and a critical review of "The Bell Curve".
5. Minnesota Wild Mikko Koivu, Detroit Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk, and Tampa Bay Lightning Martin St.
6. He played as a centre-. Blackpool.
7. Upon this signal, the youngest of her daughters put herself .
8. I took her for the``Sunny South''hadn't any skylights of the chimneys.'
9. From this time it found itself in a continuing decline.
10. David Gerrold provided a to the novel, who is better known for writing the episode "The Trouble With Tribbles".
11. Hammett provided the book's . Equipment.
12. The new edition has a by William S. Burroughs, and a new afterword by Leary.
13. The algorithm is straight to implement.
14. A letter from Albert Schweitzer to Hochhuth's German publisher serves as the to the Grove edition.
15. He was described as "an ideal centre ".
16. The was written by Rufus Wainwright.
17. The book collects seven novelettes and short stories by various science fiction authors, with a by Carnell.
18. The Creeds and Platforms of Congregationalism, Williston Walker; Douglas Horton, . Boston, Pilgrim Press, 1960.
19. "My Face for the World to See" was reissued in 2002, headlined "A Cult Classic," with a by John Waters.
20. Alagirisamy kathaigal" was published in 1952 with a from Kalki Krishnamurthy.
21. Then the hunter came and stood in their midst, and the mystery was solved.
22. Gritty Steve Begin was also signed to provide depth.
23. Author James Ellroy endorsed Steve Hodel's theory in the to the paperback version of Hodel's book.
24. asked Defarge, motioning to Mr. Lorry to come .
25. He also wrote the for the book "The Chicago Movie Palaces of Balaban Katz" (2006).
26. by Tom Bradley, Robert A. Whyte.
27. And you are looking with so much pleasure to seeing him once more to morrow!''
28. At this, Mireille comes crying "Kill me!"
29. If there is both a and a preface, the appears first; both appear before the introduction, which may be paginated either with the front matter or the main text.
30. In the he stated the following: The Clinton-Gore administration launched the first official White House website on October 21, 1994.
31. The two spectators started , but she stayed them with a motion of her hand.
32. At , he played at the power and center positions.
33. In reverse, 65% of the power was available.
34. Lasso lifts are either "" or "reverse".
35. The book was reissued by Paladin Press in 2006 with a new by Bruce D. Clayton.
36. He plays in the centre position.
37. It was published in 2007 under the Bachman pseudonym, with a by King under his own name.
38. I then hurried , and found him standing by the pool.
39. Unlike a preface, a is always signed.
40. Could he expect that her friends would not step ?
Return to full list of frequently confused words