Confused Words: currant vs current
1. I begged him to do me the favour of presiding; and my request being seconded by the other boys who were in that room, he acceded to it, and sat upon my pillow, handing round the viands--with perfect fairness, I must say--and dispensing the wine in a little glass without a foot, which was his own property.
2. Whoem Brentwood are the Champions.
3. The stray yeast plants which get into the sirup are relatively few, and hence fermentation is slow; it requires several weeks for wine to ferment, and several months for the juice of grapes to be converted into wine.
4. Caderousse was equally restless and uneasy, but instead of seeking, like M. Morrel, to aid Dantes, he had shut himself up with two bottles of black brandy, in the hope of drowning reflection.
5. The operations commenced in 1993.
6. `Seems to be a good deal of here.'
7. The status of the parkway is uncertain.
8. " through 2013 Wimbledon Championships."
9. This is true not only of grape juice but also of the juice of all other sweet fruits; apple juice ferments to cider, juice to wine, etc..
10. The being 'copied' can be, and sometimes is, a varying signal .
11. 'Perhaps you'd like to spend a couple of shillings or so, in a bottle of wine by and by, up in the bedroom?'
12. In the middle of summer, berries begin to ripen (strawberries, stone berry, raspberry, strawberry, ), and edible mushrooms are abundant.
13. It was relocated to the campus in 1958.
14. (which reduced the consumption by 12%).
15. A rail fence round a two-acre yard; a stile made out of logs sawed off and up-ended in steps, like barrels of a different length, to climb over the fence with, and for the women to stand on when they are going to jump on to a horse; some sickly grass-patches in the big yard, but mostly it was bare and smooth, like an old hat with the nap rubbed off; big double log-house for the white folks--hewed logs, with the chinks stopped up with mud or mortar, and these mud-stripes been whitewashed some time or another; round-log kitchen, with a big broad, open but roofed passage joining it to the house; log smoke-house back of the kitchen; three little log nigger-cabins in a row t'other side the smoke-house; one little hut all by itself away down against the back fence, and some outbuildings down a piece the other side; ash-hopper and big kettle to bile soap in by the little hut; bench by the kitchen door, with bucket of water and a gourd; hound asleep there in the sun; more hounds asleep round about; about three shade trees away off in a corner; some bushes and gooseberry bushes in one place by the fence; outside of the fence a garden and a watermelon patch; then the cotton fields begins, and after the fields the woods.
16. These include: Applications and progress.
17. This led to the delimitation of the genus.
18. "Statistics through 2013 season"
19. Bishop is the only woman in the cabinet.
20. The common gooseberry, for instance, cannot be grafted on the , whereas the will take, though with difficulty, on the gooseberry.
21. Its president is Carlos Ferreira.
22. The leaders of the Concertgebouw Orchestra are:
23. He is the fifteenth and Bishop of Massachusetts.
24. Titles created during the reign.
25. The top of the pastry is glazed with icing and jelly.
26. They can give a black aroma/flavor.
27. The higher state is known as the pulse , while the lower level is called the background .
28. A voltage is applied and the is measured.
29. The status of the unit is unknown.
30. The bishop is Friedrich Ostermann.
31. Has a resiny, spicy aroma/flavor with hints of black .
Return to full list of frequently confused words