Confused Words: complement vs compliment
1. ``It is a which I never pay to any place if I can avoid it.''
2. I acknowledged this , and ordered the negus, which was soon produced.
3. His wish of introducing his sister to her was a of the highest kind.
4. Some of her of 220 men served in the field with the Naval Brigade.
5. Alice said, hoping to get it into a better temper by a .
6. This field laboratory was intended to the MSU College of Fisheries program in freshwater aquaculture.
7. It uses narrative sources to its discoveries.
8. He did not take the identification as a ; but he made the best of it, and turned it off with a laugh.
9. I tasted them out of to Nature, though they were scarcely palatable.
10. But the ship, having her full of seamen, spurned his suit; and not all the King his father's influence could prevail.
11. activation leads to destruction of the basement membrane.
12. The to herself and her sister was not unfelt.
13. I didn't care nothing for the , but I was glad to be let off, anyway.
14. And style assessment can also the search for personality disorder.
15. Madame Defarge received it as a , and looked at her husband.
16. On the rocky moors the various lichens and mosses each other in colorful picturesque scenery.
17. and his predecessors; and he saw that the was not half empty.
18. ``Do you not think it would be a proper to the place?''
19. Ships of this class were long, displaced and had a of about 35.
20. Let us now our economic achievements with social, cultural, and spiritual development.
21. Allow me to you on your knowledge; such learning is very rare among ladies.''
22. I shall Mademoiselle Danglars on her cameo, while the father talks to you.''
23. After the full was achieved in December 1995, there were no further launches until December 1999.
24. Accept my thanks for the you are paying me.
25. Eventually the ship was crushed and sunk, stranding its 28-man on the ice.
26. The ones' plus the 1 is the two's .
27. We'll drink the daisies of the field, in to you; and the lilies of the valley that toil not, neither do they spin, in to me--the more shame for me!'
28. Its normal crew is 38 civilians and no military personnel.
29. In addition there was the usual of quartermaster and sanitary and medical detachments.
30. The fort's military was 176 men, including officers and artillerymen.
31. Elizabeth said nothing, but it gratified her exceedingly; the must be all for herself.
32. ``If you her at all, let it be on her voice, at least,''said Monte Cristo.
33. I would rather be paid the of being believed sincere.
34. ``To yield without conviction is no to the understanding of either.''
35. A specific example of a set with an enumeration but not a computable enumeration is the of the halting set.
36. The novel also deals with significant business and financial aspects which the adventure.
37. ``A ,''said the Marquis,``to the grandeur of the family, merited by the manner in which the family has sustained its grandeur.
38. Beam - The width of the ship - The full number of people required to operate a ship.
39. The complete protein of a cell or organism is known as the proteome.
40. When I was presented to him, he gave me a close embrace, a I could well have excused.
Return to full list of frequently confused words