Confused Words: complement vs compliment
1. On the rocky moors the various lichens and mosses each other in colorful picturesque scenery.
2. I tasted them out of to Nature, though they were scarcely palatable.
3. Allow me to you on your knowledge; such learning is very rare among ladies.''
4. Beam - The width of the ship - The full number of people required to operate a ship.
5. ``To yield without conviction is no to the understanding of either.''
6. Ships of this class were long, displaced and had a of about 35.
7. The complete protein of a cell or organism is known as the proteome.
8. The fort's military was 176 men, including officers and artillerymen.
9. A specific example of a set with an enumeration but not a computable enumeration is the of the halting set.
10. Alice said, hoping to get it into a better temper by a .
11. This field laboratory was intended to the MSU College of Fisheries program in freshwater aquaculture.
12. I shall Mademoiselle Danglars on her cameo, while the father talks to you.''
13. Accept my thanks for the you are paying me.
14. We'll drink the daisies of the field, in to you; and the lilies of the valley that toil not, neither do they spin, in to me--the more shame for me!'
15. After the full was achieved in December 1995, there were no further launches until December 1999.
16. The to herself and her sister was not unfelt.
17. I didn't care nothing for the , but I was glad to be let off, anyway.
18. and his predecessors; and he saw that the was not half empty.
19. Its normal crew is 38 civilians and no military personnel.
20. His wish of introducing his sister to her was a of the highest kind.
21. activation leads to destruction of the basement membrane.
22. I acknowledged this , and ordered the negus, which was soon produced.
23. ``A ,''said the Marquis,``to the grandeur of the family, merited by the manner in which the family has sustained its grandeur.
24. And style assessment can also the search for personality disorder.
25. Some of her of 220 men served in the field with the Naval Brigade.
26. ``It is a which I never pay to any place if I can avoid it.''
27. The novel also deals with significant business and financial aspects which the adventure.
28. When I was presented to him, he gave me a close embrace, a I could well have excused.
29. But the ship, having her full of seamen, spurned his suit; and not all the King his father's influence could prevail.
30. ``If you her at all, let it be on her voice, at least,''said Monte Cristo.
31. Eventually the ship was crushed and sunk, stranding its 28-man on the ice.
32. Elizabeth said nothing, but it gratified her exceedingly; the must be all for herself.
33. Let us now our economic achievements with social, cultural, and spiritual development.
34. I would rather be paid the of being believed sincere.
35. It uses narrative sources to its discoveries.
36. He did not take the identification as a ; but he made the best of it, and turned it off with a laugh.
37. The ones' plus the 1 is the two's .
38. Madame Defarge received it as a , and looked at her husband.
39. ``Do you not think it would be a proper to the place?''
40. In addition there was the usual of quartermaster and sanitary and medical detachments.
Return to full list of frequently confused words