Confused Words: canvas vs canvass
1. Every moment, he stays in front of a blank and thinks.
2. Later, Adam is seen painting a new with blood.
3. It was normal for voters to expect the candidates for whom they voted to meet their expenses in travelling to the poll, making the cost of a contested election substantial. Contested elections were therefore rare, potential candidates preferring to s support beforehand and usually not insisting on a vote being taken unless they were confident of winning; at all but 4 of the 29 general elections between 1701 and 1832, Lincolnshire's two MPs were elected unopposed.
4. The is white, with a few white lines.
5. A town grew up quickly to service the needs of the miners.
6. The circus had instead waterproofed their using an older method of parrafin dissolved in gasoline and painted onto the .
7. Each platform had a hangar to protect the aircraft during inclement weather.
8. His auditors may not have, and commonly have not, sufficient judgement to s his evidence: what judgement they have, they renounce by principle, in these sublime and mysterious subjects: or if they were ever so willing to employ it, passion and a heated imagination disturb the regularity of its operations.
9. When he was out on a s, his name was a lodestone which drew the farmers to his stump from fifty miles around.
10. Materials includes oil and magna on two panels.
11. At the same time, graffiti art on LUL trains generated some interest in the media and arts, leading to several art galleries putting on exhibitions of some of the art work (on s) of a few LUL writers as well as TV documentaries on London hip-hop culture like the BBC's 'Bad Meaning Good', which included a section featuring interviews with LUL writers and a few examples of their pieces.
12. The great irony of the fire was that the performance took place under .
13. Géricault drew an outline sketch of the composition onto the .
14. Candidates were better able to s outside of Mosul due to improve security, whereas the security inside Mosul was far worse, with candidates being threatened and in some cases killed.
15. He painted a for the baptistery of the Duomo di Cremona
16. She later disappeared from the but was presumed to still work at Forrester.
17. The sails are covered with sailcloths to help catch the wind.
18. Minyintiri originally painted on paper, but now paints on .
19. But now that I s the figures narrowly, I suspect that the telegraph mutilated them.
20. ("Marco Sassone – When the Soul is Nailed to the ").
21. Blood pours out of the as it burns.
22. He painted very rapidly and very fluently, designing most of his compositions directly in the .
23. The was re-exhibited in 1900 in Paris.
24. This is a stroke lightly and quickly painted, where the brush just grazes the surface of the .
25. In the 1960s, he mostly did work with expositions in the north of Veracruz.
26. These paintings were done on in Żukotyński's studio in Chicago.
Return to full list of frequently confused words