Confused Words: breach vs breech
- If you haven't tried it yet, consider using our free grammar check tool
1. VIPER pistol can be easily reconfigured for several pistol calibers simply by replacing the barrel, face insert, the extractor and the magazine.
2. Before Walker can enter the vehicle, he is attacked by a swarm of the creatures, which his helmet, killing him.
3. Although designed with a pair of 68-pounder Lancaster muzzle-loading rifles, the "Vigilant" class were finished with one / Armstrong -loading gun, one Lancaster muzzle-loading rifled gun and two 20-pounder loaders.
4. These inserted guns are easily recognized by the square “cascabel” which was designed to provide purchase for screwing the plug and liner securely into the gun.
5. He had protested against the open of the constitution by the King of Hanover.
6. One obvious change made for land service was the placement of a large counterweight just forward of the trunnions to counteract the preponderance of weight towards the .
7. These conversions were not viewed favorably, were primarily seen as cheap stopgaps until modern -loading rifles could be developed and emplaced . Confederate “Rodmans”.
8. Through the , they heard the waters pour, as mountain torrents down a flume.
9. Originally, the courts of law gave damages only for of contract.
10. Word got back to Foster, who considered this a of the agreement.
11. In 1570, a new occurred at a point called Gagne-Petit.
12. We see him first as a soldier, albeit driving rather than leading his soldiers into the .
13. The ship’s main armament was two -loading 8-inch (203 mm) Krupp cannon, paired in the forward barbette.
14. It is often reserved for late pregnancy because presentation greatly decreases with every week.
15. Following a complaint the House of Lords Privilege and Conduct Committee found there had been no of the rules.
16. External cephalic version is a process by which a baby can sometimes be turned from buttocks or foot first to head first. It is usually performed after about 37 weeks.
17. Jacob Smith Jarmann designed his first -loading rifle—firing cardboard cartridges—in 1838, but this was turned down by the armed forces at the time.
18. Too much, I am afraid; for what becomes of the moral, if our comfort springs from a of promise?
19. Prince Escalus of Verona intervenes and declares that further of the peace will be punishable by death.
20. Cavalry soldiers were armed with .45 caliber, single-action revolvers and the Springfield Model 1873, a single-shot, -loading rifle which gave the soldiers a large advantage in range over most Indian weapons.
21. Oregon State's defense took over in the second quarter; Washington could not their own 34-yard line.
22. Viper is a short recoil operated, locked pistol with rotating barrel.
23. Such a typically occurs, for example, when embedded software must be transferred to a hardware chip.
24. He set about completing "The Big ", which was published in 2001 in Russia.
25. "I cannot say that I do unless it were that he wished to be able to deny his signature if an action for of promise were instituted."
26. Even during its brief period of supposed effectiveness, its clauses were honoured more in the than in the observance.
27. A of this expectation of fidelity is commonly referred to as adultery or extramarital sex.
28. As a result, students decide what constitutes a of honor.
29. An integral feed ramp at the barrel helps assure reliable loading of rounds into the chamber from the magazine.
30. Sinnott would later take court action against the club for a of contract, and settle out of court.
31. The shooter drops one round into each chamber and then swings the barrels back up, closing and locking the .
32. The last method involved drilling and tapping the of the 10-inch Rodman and inserting a rifled steel sleeve and screwing it in tight with a threaded plug.
33. The machine was versatile, capable of variable speeds with an adjustable size, and firing curve balls by the use of two rubber-coated steel fingers at the muzzle of the pitcher.
34. By the end of the first day the Soviets had failed to the first line.
35. Ironically, his action and barrel were both judged to be the best (and won the prizes) but the War Office did not adopt its action, preferring that of von Martini, but did adopt its seven-grooved barrel rifling scheme.
36. The cannon was loading and used the original mushroom-shaped obturator system developed by de Bange, allowing to properly seal the during each firing.
37. The baby is moved up and away from the pelvis and gently turned in several steps from , to a sideways position, and finally to a head first presentation.
38. As a result of this promotion, the programme was in of Rule 10.3 of the Code.'
39. By 13:40, "Königsberg" had run low on ammunition and her gun crews had suffered very heavy casualties, and so Looff ordered the crew to abandon ship and to drop the blocks for the guns overboard to disable them.
40. A closer examination of these Confederate columbiads reveals that they have a straighter cylindrical contour between the trunnions and the as opposed to the sweeping continuous curve of the Rodman gun.
Return to full list of frequently confused words