Confused Words: born vs borne
- If you haven't tried it yet, consider using our free grammar check tool
1. ``I had to get into the front rank; I was not there, was I?''
2. "No, I don't," said the captain, "but his mother did; he was with it.
3. And who are we that are His children and what work were we to perform?
4. Bland was in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
5. Collins was in Indianapolis, Indiana.
6. It was the only ship of the Navy to have e this name.
7. After Griselda has e him a daughter, Walter decides to test her loyalty.
8. Gravé Du Pont had e arms before becoming a merchant.
9. I left all who were dear to me, and went away; and believed that I had e it, and it was past.
10. Lafontaine was in Gosselies, Belgium.
11. He was in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
12. His parents were both in Connecticut.
13. They have a daughter, Marianna ( 1997).
14. Johnny was to a Venezuelan and Trinidadian.
15. They are e on a slender peduncle, originating from the base of the back of the leaf.
16. Hammond was in Frederick, Maryland.
17. Other expenses are e by the Government of India.
18. This surname was also e by the eighth Baronet.
19. The pedunculated oak has its acorns e upon a footstool.
20. It is not known when Yuwen Shiji was .
21. They are e on winged petioles up to 5 centimeters long.
22. The little town has e more names than any other town in the county.
23. At least it is music to me, but then I was in the South.
24. Collinder was in Sundsvall, Sweden.
25. There are specific forms of the surname that are e by married and unmarried females.
26. In "Aiphanes", male and female flowers are e together on the same inflorescence.
27. The arms have been e since 20 March 1990.
28. He was in Glasgow, Scotland in 1927.
29. He was in Sieradz and died in Łódź.
30. Nothing ever had the same shape when I was coming downstream that it had e when I went up.
31. He was in Garioch in Aberdeenshire.
32. As of 2004, no other ship in the United States Navy has e this name.
33. They have a son ( 1968) and a daughter ( 1970).
34. The flower is solitary or e in a cluster of up to four.
35. They've been doing it since before I was ...
36. In some species, the inner peridium is e on a stalk or pedicel.
37. 66.9% of residents were in Australia.
38. Faustina had e him several children, of whom he was passionately fond.
39. Following is a list of publications of these types that have e the name.
40. A solitary flower is e on a long, upright stem.
Return to full list of frequently confused words