Confused Words: amoral vs immoral
1. Similarly, many critics exalt stories which feature a lone hero fighting for his ideals against an inert and system.
2. There were markets for atheistic books and other works such as pornography and chroniques scandaleuses.
3. The term implied behavior that was not only , but also heterodox, being beyond the limits of religious orthodoxy.
4. The antireligious propaganda attempted to show a relationship between religious belief and or criminal behavior.
5. The characters are forgiven within the play and there is a lack of moral commentary within the plot.
6. The rest was left contingent on the value of my professional exertions; in other and more expressive words, on the baseness of my nature, the cupidity of my motives, the poverty of my family, the general moral (or rather ) resemblance between myself and--HEEP.
7. He found it not only inhumane, cruel and , but also absurdly stupid.
8. Jazz had become popular music in the country, although older generations considered the music and threatening to old cultural values.
9. In keeping with Lovecraft's precept of an cosmos, the "Forces of Light" are in fact not humanity's allies but merely the enemies of "Forces of Darkness".
10. Despite outward appearances, Jessica has performed unethical, , and possibly illegal deeds.
11. John Calvin did not consider the father-daughter-relation to be explicitly forbidden by the bible, but regarded it as nevertheless.
12. Although Anthony displayed increasingly regular signs of schizophrenia with paranoid tendencies, his father refused to allow him to be treated by psychiatrists, a profession he believed to be "".
13. The resulting tension between employers and employees would destroy industrial relations The measure was deemed and ran contrary to the U.S democratic system.
14. Though she personally believes that it cannot be done and is , her mind is changed after the Cosmos tell her that SpaceGodzilla is coming and that Godzilla must be there to stop him.
15. In that case, the elderly Mr. Jones was found guilty for saying that the Old Testament was and unsuitable for a female readership.
16. In more difficult cases of behaviour they could work with the local magistrate, in a system modelled on that employed in Geneva.
17. Impact. Stagger Lee has become an archetype, the embodiment of a tough black man; one who is sly, streetwise, cool, lawless, , potentially violent, and who defies white authority.
18. Dale, unlike any of the other survivors, maintained his humanity to the very end of his waking life—but even he couldn't choose not to come back as something and inhuman.
19. Despite Audrey Raines' insistence that such a decision would be , Logan agrees to McGill's plan.
20. After the first blush of sin comes its indifference; and from it becomes, as it were, unmoral, and not quite unnecessary to that life which we have made.
21. He has described men who neglect their bills as "".
22. Extramarital affairs were portrayed as a derogatory lifestyle, and pre-marital sex was . Homosexuality was illegal and would be punished under the statutes for hooliganism.
23. Morgan protests that using the woman's body is . Kearns justifies that "it's a woman of the streets, Morgan.
24. Rourke had a role in the film version of "The Informers", playing Peter, an former studio security guard who plots to kidnap a small child.
25. In 1820 he received a royal bribe of £100 for a pledge "not to caricature His Majesty" (George IV of the United Kingdom) "in any situation".
26. To this effect, Lenin’s doctrine that the state should be much more tolerant towards or even criminal priests rather than those of good moral standing, was interpreted such that popular clergymen were removed, imprisoned or killed wherever it was deemed feasible.
27. Beyer, Gross, and Kronberg and the other defendants informed the court that it was necessary to resist an ", illegal, racist, politically insane war on the Vietnamese people."
Return to full list of frequently confused words