Confused Words: amoral vs immoral
1. The term implied behavior that was not only , but also heterodox, being beyond the limits of religious orthodoxy.
2. Morgan protests that using the woman's body is . Kearns justifies that "it's a woman of the streets, Morgan.
3. Beyer, Gross, and Kronberg and the other defendants informed the court that it was necessary to resist an ", illegal, racist, politically insane war on the Vietnamese people."
4. In more difficult cases of behaviour they could work with the local magistrate, in a system modelled on that employed in Geneva.
5. Similarly, many critics exalt stories which feature a lone hero fighting for his ideals against an inert and system.
6. Though she personally believes that it cannot be done and is , her mind is changed after the Cosmos tell her that SpaceGodzilla is coming and that Godzilla must be there to stop him.
7. Although Anthony displayed increasingly regular signs of schizophrenia with paranoid tendencies, his father refused to allow him to be treated by psychiatrists, a profession he believed to be "".
8. The antireligious propaganda attempted to show a relationship between religious belief and or criminal behavior.
9. The characters are forgiven within the play and there is a lack of moral commentary within the plot.
10. He has described men who neglect their bills as "".
11. Extramarital affairs were portrayed as a derogatory lifestyle, and pre-marital sex was . Homosexuality was illegal and would be punished under the statutes for hooliganism.
12. The rest was left contingent on the value of my professional exertions; in other and more expressive words, on the baseness of my nature, the cupidity of my motives, the poverty of my family, the general moral (or rather ) resemblance between myself and--HEEP.
13. In keeping with Lovecraft's precept of an cosmos, the "Forces of Light" are in fact not humanity's allies but merely the enemies of "Forces of Darkness".
14. Jazz had become popular music in the country, although older generations considered the music and threatening to old cultural values.
15. Dale, unlike any of the other survivors, maintained his humanity to the very end of his waking life—but even he couldn't choose not to come back as something and inhuman.
16. In that case, the elderly Mr. Jones was found guilty for saying that the Old Testament was and unsuitable for a female readership.
17. Despite outward appearances, Jessica has performed unethical, , and possibly illegal deeds.
18. The resulting tension between employers and employees would destroy industrial relations The measure was deemed and ran contrary to the U.S democratic system.
19. There were markets for atheistic books and other works such as pornography and chroniques scandaleuses.
20. To this effect, Lenin’s doctrine that the state should be much more tolerant towards or even criminal priests rather than those of good moral standing, was interpreted such that popular clergymen were removed, imprisoned or killed wherever it was deemed feasible.
21. Impact. Stagger Lee has become an archetype, the embodiment of a tough black man; one who is sly, streetwise, cool, lawless, , potentially violent, and who defies white authority.
22. He found it not only inhumane, cruel and , but also absurdly stupid.
23. After the first blush of sin comes its indifference; and from it becomes, as it were, unmoral, and not quite unnecessary to that life which we have made.
24. Rourke had a role in the film version of "The Informers", playing Peter, an former studio security guard who plots to kidnap a small child.
25. John Calvin did not consider the father-daughter-relation to be explicitly forbidden by the bible, but regarded it as nevertheless.
26. Despite Audrey Raines' insistence that such a decision would be , Logan agrees to McGill's plan.
27. In 1820 he received a royal bribe of £100 for a pledge "not to caricature His Majesty" (George IV of the United Kingdom) "in any situation".
Return to full list of frequently confused words