Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
2. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
3. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
4. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
5. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
6. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
7. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
8. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
9. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
10. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
11. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
12. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
13. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
14. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
15. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
16. ``What line would you me to study?''
17. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
18. But let me you to think better of it.
19. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
20. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
21. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
22. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
23. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
24. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
25. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
26. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
27. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
28. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
29. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
30. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
31. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
32. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
33. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
34. There is one point on which I want your .
35. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
36. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
37. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
38. They strongly against using strong opioids.
39. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
40. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
Return to full list of frequently confused words