Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
2. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
3. There is one point on which I want your .
4. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
5. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
6. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
7. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
8. They strongly against using strong opioids.
9. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
10. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
11. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
12. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
13. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
14. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
15. ``What line would you me to study?''
16. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
17. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
18. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
19. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
20. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
21. But let me you to think better of it.
22. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
23. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
24. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
25. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
26. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
27. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
28. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
29. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
30. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
31. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
32. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
33. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
34. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
35. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
36. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
37. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
38. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
39. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
40. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words