Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
2. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
3. But let me you to think better of it.
4. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
5. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
6. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
7. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
8. There is one point on which I want your .
9. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
10. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
11. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
12. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
13. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
14. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
15. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
16. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
17. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
18. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
19. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
20. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
21. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
22. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
23. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
24. ``What line would you me to study?''
25. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
26. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
27. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
28. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
29. They strongly against using strong opioids.
30. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
31. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
32. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
33. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
34. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
35. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
36. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
37. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
38. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
39. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
40. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
Return to full list of frequently confused words