Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
2. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
3. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
4. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
5. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
6. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
7. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
8. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
9. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
10. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
11. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
12. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
13. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
14. They strongly against using strong opioids.
15. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
16. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
17. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
18. But let me you to think better of it.
19. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
20. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
21. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
22. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
23. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
24. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
25. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
26. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
27. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
28. ``What line would you me to study?''
29. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
30. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
31. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
32. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
33. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
34. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
35. There is one point on which I want your .
36. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
37. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
38. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
39. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
40. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words