Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
2. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
3. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
4. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
5. They strongly against using strong opioids.
6. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
7. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
8. ``What line would you me to study?''
9. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
10. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
11. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
12. There is one point on which I want your .
13. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
14. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
15. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
16. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
17. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
18. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
19. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
20. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
21. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
22. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
23. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
24. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
25. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
26. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
27. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
28. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
29. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
30. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
31. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
32. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
33. But let me you to think better of it.
34. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
35. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
36. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
37. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
38. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
39. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
40. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words