Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
2. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
3. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
4. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
5. There is one point on which I want your .
6. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
7. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
8. ``What line would you me to study?''
9. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
10. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
11. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
12. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
13. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
14. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
15. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
16. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
17. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
18. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
19. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
20. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
21. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
22. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
23. But let me you to think better of it.
24. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
25. They strongly against using strong opioids.
26. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
27. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
28. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
29. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
30. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
31. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
32. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
33. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
34. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
35. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
36. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
37. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
38. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
39. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
40. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
Return to full list of frequently confused words