Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
2. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
3. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
4. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
5. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
6. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
7. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
8. But let me you to think better of it.
9. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
10. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
11. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
12. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
13. ``What line would you me to study?''
14. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
15. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
16. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
17. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
18. There is one point on which I want your .
19. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
20. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
21. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
22. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
23. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
24. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
25. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
26. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
27. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
28. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
29. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
30. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
31. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
32. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
33. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
34. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
35. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
36. They strongly against using strong opioids.
37. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
38. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
39. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
40. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
Return to full list of frequently confused words