Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
2. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
3. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
4. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
5. ``What line would you me to study?''
6. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
7. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
8. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
9. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
10. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
11. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
12. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
13. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
14. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
15. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
16. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
17. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
18. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
19. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
20. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
21. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
22. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
23. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
24. They strongly against using strong opioids.
25. But let me you to think better of it.
26. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
27. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
28. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
29. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
30. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
31. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
32. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
33. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
34. There is one point on which I want your .
35. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
36. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
37. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
38. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
39. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
40. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words