Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``What line would you me to study?''
2. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
3. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
4. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
5. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
6. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
7. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
8. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
9. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
10. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
11. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
12. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
13. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
14. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
15. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
16. There is one point on which I want your .
17. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
18. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
19. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
20. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
21. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
22. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
23. They strongly against using strong opioids.
24. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
25. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
26. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
27. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
28. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
29. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
30. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
31. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
32. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
33. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
34. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
35. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
36. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
37. But let me you to think better of it.
38. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
39. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
40. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
Return to full list of frequently confused words