Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
2. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
3. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
4. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
5. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
6. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
7. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
8. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
9. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
10. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
11. They strongly against using strong opioids.
12. ``What line would you me to study?''
13. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
14. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
15. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
16. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
17. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
18. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
19. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
20. But let me you to think better of it.
21. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
22. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
23. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
24. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
25. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
26. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
27. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
28. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
29. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
30. There is one point on which I want your .
31. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
32. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
33. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
34. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
35. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
36. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
37. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
38. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
39. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
40. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
Return to full list of frequently confused words