Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
2. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
3. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
4. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
5. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
6. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
7. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
8. There is one point on which I want your .
9. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
10. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
11. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
12. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
13. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
14. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
15. But let me you to think better of it.
16. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
17. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
18. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
19. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
20. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
21. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
22. ``What line would you me to study?''
23. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
24. They strongly against using strong opioids.
25. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
26. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
27. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
28. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
29. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
30. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
31. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
32. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
33. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
34. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
35. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
36. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
37. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
38. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
39. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
40. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
Return to full list of frequently confused words