Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
2. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
3. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
4. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
5. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
6. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
7. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
8. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
9. They strongly against using strong opioids.
10. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
11. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
12. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
13. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
14. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
15. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
16. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
17. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
18. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
19. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
20. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
21. ``What line would you me to study?''
22. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
23. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
24. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
25. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
26. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
27. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
28. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
29. But let me you to think better of it.
30. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
31. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
32. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
33. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
34. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
35. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
36. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
37. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
38. There is one point on which I want your .
39. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
40. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
Return to full list of frequently confused words