Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
2. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
3. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
4. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
5. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
6. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
7. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
8. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
9. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
10. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
11. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
12. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
13. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
14. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
15. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
16. But let me you to think better of it.
17. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
18. There is one point on which I want your .
19. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
20. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
21. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
22. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
23. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
24. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
25. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
26. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
27. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
28. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
29. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
30. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
31. They strongly against using strong opioids.
32. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
33. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
34. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
35. ``What line would you me to study?''
36. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
37. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
38. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
39. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
40. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
Return to full list of frequently confused words