Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
2. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
3. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
4. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
5. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
6. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
7. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
8. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
9. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
10. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
11. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
12. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
13. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
14. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
15. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
16. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
17. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
18. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
19. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
20. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
21. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
22. They strongly against using strong opioids.
23. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
24. ``What line would you me to study?''
25. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
26. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
27. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
28. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
29. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
30. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
31. There is one point on which I want your .
32. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
33. But let me you to think better of it.
34. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
35. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
36. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
37. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
38. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
39. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
40. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
Return to full list of frequently confused words