Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
2. ``What line would you me to study?''
3. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
4. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
5. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
6. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
7. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
8. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
9. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
10. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
11. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
12. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
13. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
14. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
15. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
16. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
17. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
18. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
19. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
20. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
21. But let me you to think better of it.
22. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
23. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
24. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
25. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
26. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
27. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
28. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
29. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
30. They strongly against using strong opioids.
31. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
32. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
33. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
34. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
35. There is one point on which I want your .
36. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
37. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
38. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
39. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
40. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
Return to full list of frequently confused words