Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
2. ``What line would you me to study?''
3. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
4. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
5. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
6. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
7. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
8. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
9. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
10. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
11. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
12. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
13. They strongly against using strong opioids.
14. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
15. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
16. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
17. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
18. But let me you to think better of it.
19. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
20. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
21. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
22. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
23. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
24. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
25. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
26. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
27. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
28. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
29. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
30. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
31. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
32. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
33. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
34. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
35. There is one point on which I want your .
36. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
37. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
38. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
39. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
40. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
Return to full list of frequently confused words