Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
2. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
3. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
4. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
5. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
6. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
7. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
8. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
9. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
10. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
11. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
12. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
13. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
14. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
15. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
16. ``What line would you me to study?''
17. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
18. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
19. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
20. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
21. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
22. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
23. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
24. They strongly against using strong opioids.
25. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
26. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
27. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
28. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
29. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
30. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
31. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
32. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
33. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
34. There is one point on which I want your .
35. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
36. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
37. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
38. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
39. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
40. But let me you to think better of it.
Return to full list of frequently confused words