Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
2. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
3. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
4. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
5. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
6. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
7. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
8. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
9. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
10. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
11. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
12. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
13. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
14. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
15. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
16. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
17. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
18. But let me you to think better of it.
19. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
20. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
21. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
22. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
23. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
24. They strongly against using strong opioids.
25. ``What line would you me to study?''
26. There is one point on which I want your .
27. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
28. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
29. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
30. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
31. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
32. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
33. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
34. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
35. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
36. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
37. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
38. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
39. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
40. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
Return to full list of frequently confused words