Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. They strongly against using strong opioids.
2. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
3. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
4. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
5. But let me you to think better of it.
6. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
7. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
8. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
9. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
10. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
11. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
12. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
13. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
14. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
15. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
16. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
17. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
18. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
19. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
20. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
21. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
22. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
23. ``What line would you me to study?''
24. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
25. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
26. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
27. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
28. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
29. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
30. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
31. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
32. There is one point on which I want your .
33. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
34. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
35. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
36. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
37. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
38. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
39. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
40. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
Return to full list of frequently confused words