Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
2. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
3. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
4. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
5. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
6. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
7. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
8. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
9. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
10. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
11. But let me you to think better of it.
12. They strongly against using strong opioids.
13. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
14. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
15. There is one point on which I want your .
16. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
17. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
18. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
19. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
20. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
21. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
22. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
23. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
24. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
25. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
26. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
27. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
28. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
29. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
30. ``What line would you me to study?''
31. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
32. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
33. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
34. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
35. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
36. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
37. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
38. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
39. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
40. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
Return to full list of frequently confused words