Confused Words: advice vs advise
1. ``Speak, and I will follow your .''
2. ``Ah, then, you wish to ask of me?''
3. But let me you to think better of it.
4. In English, a ship is traditionally referred to as "she", even if named after a man, but this is not universal usage; some journalistic style guides using "it", others "she" and "her".
5. `I thought so,'replied Emmanuel;`but I wished to have your .'
6. ``What line would you me to study?''
7. ``Listen; this is not a command, but I give you.''
8. ``You are wrong; you must me what to do.''
9. ``But,''said Andrea,``why do you not act on the you gave me?
10. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
11. ``Do you seriously ask my , Valentine?''
12. He laugh'd and thank'd me, and said he would take my .
13. 'You can't possibly do that,' said the Rose: '_I_ should you to walk the other way.'
14. ``Be careful; is worse than a service.''
15. They strongly against using strong opioids.
16. I put the case into your hands and shall do exactly what you ."
17. ``I assure you, madam,''he replied,``that she does not need such .
18. Come fresh up to the lessons, I you, for I come fresh up to the punishment.
19. It was done with the collaboration and the of the GIGN.
20. Follow my , swear, and do not insult.''
21. ``Yes,''she said,``at your I have made the trial.''
22. ``Well, M. de Villefort, how would you me to act?''
23. ``Then let me offer one more word of .''
24. You deliberately me not to go up to Soho and offer myself my self, Stryver of the King's Bench bar?''
25. Having no mother, she had no one to her at such a crisis."
26. ``Then you me to go alone to Beauchamp?''
27. Under his , other political prisoners are released.
28. But the ancestors can only him, the children must find the solution themselves.
29. Did I your father to sell the castle of Yanina to betray''``Silence!''
30. You may me how to walk amid the dangers which encompass me."
31. ``Do you ask me for my , Mr. Stryver?''
32. I don't know quite what to do, and I should value your .
33. Oh, if you refuse my ''``What do you advise?''
34. My opinion is confirmed, and I reiterate my .''
35. Both gave their and blessing for Lama Palmo's projects.
36. ``Then I should you to leave off wearing that style of dress.''
37. ``You do not find it easy to me?''
38. You are a pretty fellow to object and !''
39. There is one point on which I want your .
40. I told them once, I told them twice: They would not listen to .
Return to full list of frequently confused words